Camas High School Senior Scores Big with Full-Ride Scholarship to Montana State University

Camas High School Varsity Girls Star Addison Hariss

Camas High School (CHS) senior Addison Harris spent the season guiding the CHS varsity girls basketball team to state with her outstanding performances, attracting the attention of college basketball scouts in the process. In particular, Harris stood out to scouts from Montana State University (MSU), earning a full-ride scholarship.

Harris started experimenting with basketball in third grade until things finally clicked for her in eighth grade. Prior to discovering her love for basketball, Harris tried a number of other sports in her earlier years including softball, volleyball and soccer.

“It’s always been a creative outlet for me,” Harris said. “It’s tied to my family, my mom and dad played division one at Portland State.”

Being a division one school, committing to MSU has been a huge accomplishment for Harris, however, for Harris it is more about ending up in a place where she will thrive. “I [would] see myself going there even if I wasn’t playing basketball,” Harris said. “I love the coaches, I love the team; it felt like a family atmosphere kind of like we have on the Camas basketball team.”

Harris mentioned being infatuated with certain schools, but after touring MSU, she realized that it was the school best fit for her. Regardless, Harris’ basketball career will continue to attract attention and carry her far.

Amidst the excitement, Harris mentioned some small concerns about balancing school work and sports in her college years. 

“I think the first year is going to be really tough but they have a lot of academic help there for student athletes to try and balance it…I think I’ll do just fine,” Harris said.

Brother of Addison Harris and CHS sophomore Ethan Harris praised his sister for how far she has come and how much work she has put in to reach this point. 

“She’s worked every single day, going 110% every time she steps [onto] the court,” Ethan Harris said.

Staff such as CHS athletic director Stephen Baranowski, applaud her for her determination and effort she brings to the court. 

“She’s really gifted on the court and she’s a great leader off the court and brings a lot of positivity to our school and our basketball program, ” Baranowski said. “I think she is super deserving of [an opportunity] like that.

Camas will continue to recognize Harris’ dedication to its basketball program and excitedly gear up to celebrate her admission to MSU.