Girl’s Basketball: What’s new?

+Courtesy.+Alisha+Jucevic%2FThe+Columbian
Courtesy. Alisha Jucevic/The Columbian

It is almost the time of year again when the Camas High School Girls basketball team gets ready to make another push for a stellar season. With a very hard league that lays ahead, the team reflects on the past and what they can do for the future to get better. However, this time they are trying to make that push with coach Scott Thompson.

Courtesy. Kris Cavin

Varsity has taken one loss to Silverton on November 30th, but bounced back for a win against Bellarmine on December 1st, and then took a tough loss to Jesuit on December 4th. But still, the season is just getting underway. Coaches and players goals and aspirations for the season can help them through. Scott Thompson the new girl’s basketball coach shared,” I am excited to get started and continue to build on the success of an already established program.” Sophomore Faith Bergstrom shared some of her individual goals for the season, “Just to get to know everyone and build some team chemistry.” In addition, Faith shared some goals for the team, ”Probably just to get back to the Tacoma dome and see how far we can get there.”

Players shared what they believe their greatest strengths and weaknesses are this season. Players shared great insight into what the team’s strengths and weaknesses are this seasons. Bergstrom shared what the strengths and weaknesses for the team are this seasons, ”We are very strong because all of us are pretty good players. But our problem is when we get into a tough game we tend to lose our fundamentals like we don’t jump stop.” Bergstrom said the team just tends to forget the basics sometimes, but other than that they are a very strong unit.

The girls finished 17-10 for their overall record on the season and made it to the state playoff at the Tacoma Dome, the team looks to repeat the success they had last year. Students and staff should consider going out and supporting the Girl’s basketball team try to make another playoff run this year.