Positively NHS Blood Drive

Courtesy. Social Media
    Courtesy. Social Media

If students are trying to donate to their community or just trying to get out of a period or two, this could be the opportunity to do both of those things. The National Honor Society blood drive is on Thursday, November 9th, and anybody can donate as long as they are the age of sixteen or older.

Courtesy Chase Muro.

Last year, NHS had 122 people show up to the event, and they had to send people away because it was becoming overcrowded. Each year for the blood drive, the Red Cross Foundation comes into Camas High School’s mat room. Senior and NHS President Katie Blair explains this in a little more depth: “They come in and recruit donors during lunch, pass sheets out during lunches, and you can sign up during class periods. When student and staff show up they might have to weight in line which could possibly be long: “You check in with the NHS volunteer and they test if you have met your blood,height and weight requirements.” Senior Ashley Miles said “After you should  drink lots of water and eat, should may want to return to the mat room if you are feeling queasy.”

The NHS Blood Drive benefits many people. For example, last month there was a shooting in Las Vegas, and the blood that was donated through the Red Cross helped victims of the shooting. 

Students and staff who want to give back to the community should get signed up! Blair says her favorite part of the event is “seeing the impact you’re making or seeing your work pay off and actually see people show up”.

So, go out and support NHS in their 2018 blood drive and give back to the Camas community. Good luck NHS.

View Comments (2)