Cinderella: A CHS Production

A picture was taken during the opening night of Cinderella production of Paul Gerlitz, Clayton Lukens, and Darin Jeanblanc (left to right).

After weeks of practice and hard work, the CHS production of Cinderella has finally made its way to the stage. Camas High School’s most talented students performed this year’s productions of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella.

The production was put together by hard working Camas staff and volunteers. Working with the director, Sean Kelly, music was directed by Ethan Chessin with the orchestra directed by Richard Mancini. The incredible costumes were designed and made by professional Carol Babilon.

Not only did this performance prove its success through the joy it brought to the audience, the success can also be proven through the 3,600 tickets sold. The show sold out every night but one and oversold tickets the last Friday night performance.

Kelly explains, “The cast and crew were very excited about this show and spent a lot of effort spreading the word about it, and that set us up for success.”

During the opening night, the full crowd was captivated by the enchanting story of Cinderella played by the amazing students of CHS. Brooke Multrum used her talent and skill to play the lead role, Ella. Multrum has participated in CHS plays and musicals through her entire high school career.

Brooke Multrum used her talent and skill to play the lead role, Ella. Multrum has participated in CHS plays and musicals through her entire high school career.

Omar Shafiuzzaman also played a lead role of Prince Topher. Shafiuzzaman has been in four shows at Camas and was incredibly excited to play Topher in this epic love story.

Not to be forgotten is senior Ryan Mayfield’s performance of Ella’s stepmother “Madame.” Mayfield has participated in seven shows at Camas and made sure to remind the audience to always be themselves.

This production of Cinderella includes elaborate dance scenes and mystifying wardrobe changes. With magic brought through the story and music performed by the cast.

Cinderella was preformed on the 17, 18 and 24, 25.

View Comments (1)