Music for the Ears: Anything but Monotone

Musically inclined students: listen up. There is a new club at CHS that may be a great way to get involved in the music community without filling up your schedule. Chamber Orchestra is a fairly new club to Camas High School and is headed by Mr. Chessin, the choir director, and Angela Xu, a student. Angela feels that, “The goal is to improve our music program here at Camas. Our surrounding schools have good programs and we want one to be proud of as well.”

Although experience playing an instrument is recommended, joining this club means one will not undergo cuts. The music played is moderately hard, and could be somewhat difficult for a beginner to learn. But, the clubs’ dynamics are impeccable and is sure to be a major way to immerse yourself in a new genre of music. Xu also mentioned the need of string players.

Image result for music notes

(Courtesy of Google)

“I don’t know much about playing an instrument,” confessed a member of the club, “ but I’m so excited to see how much I can accomplish.”
    Chamber Orchestra practices twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and will have concerts. The orchestra is a sharp addition to Camas High School’s many clubs. Any individual interested should attend a meeting and contact Angela Xu or Mr. Chessin.

[email protected]

[email protected]