Varsity Girls Soccer Commits

As Camas High School (CHS) reaches the end of the school year, it is in the season of recognizing the athletes who will be continuing their athletic careers in college. Parker Mairs, Saige McCusker, Riley Hodson, and Savannah Kvistad are top-performing athletes on the Varsity girls’ soccer team.  

Riley Hodson is a CHS 2024 graduate and committed to Portland State University, a Big Sky Conference Division One (D1) team. She is the starting Goalkeeper for CHS girls’ soccer. 

“I chose Portland State because I love the team chemistry and the campus is beautiful,” Senior Riley Hodson said. Throughout this year’s season, she has had 92 saves and has shut out 14 games, creating a massive impact on the girls’ soccer team.

Savannah Kvistad is a CHS 2024 graduate and is committed to St. Olaf College, a Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) Division Three (D3) school. She is a versatile player on the varsity team, playing any position extremely well. 

“I chose St. Olaf College for the academic opportunities as well as the beautiful campus,” senior Savannah Kvistad said. Savannah has had six goals over her senior season. Other than soccer Savannah is also a CHS girls’ softball player as well. 

Saige McCusker is a 2025 graduate and is committed to the University of Nevada, Reno, a Mountain West Conference (MW) Division One (D1) team. 

“I committed to the University of Nevada Reno because the campus is beautiful and the team has an amazing dynamic that will fit me very well,” junior Saige McCusker said. Throughout Saige’s career on the CHS girl’s soccer team, she has had five goals and eight assists. She is creating a dynamic on the field that is unlike any high school women’s soccer team.

Parker Mairs is a 2024 graduate committed to Colorado Mesa University, a Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC) Division Two (D2) team. Throughout her four years, Parker has scored 32 goals and 16 assists as team captain Parker has created a family culture within the CHS girls soccer program. As well as soccer, Parker plays on the CHS 

varsity girl’s basketball team leading them to their 2024 State Championship title.

Recruiting can be demanding and stressful. Seniors know more than anyone the stress of planning the next four years of their lives. 

“It is so worth it in the end, keep sending emails, making highlight videos, and reach out early,” Hodson said. 

“Be realistic about what you want and what you need and email as

much as possible,” Kvistad said.