Dual Athlete Savannah Kvistad Commits to St. Olaf College for Soccer

Savannah Kvistad, a Camas High School (CHS) senior, has committed to playing soccer in college to continue her athletic career as a student-athlete. While also playing softball for CHS, she has well managed to balance her time with school and sports.

Kvistad has contributed much to CHS. Kvistad helped take girls varsity soccer to state for each school year she has attended. She contributed to breaking the recent losing records of varsity fastpitch softball and was a teacher assistant for the sports medicine classes all while keeping A’s in all her classes.

“She’s definitely an academic weapon,” Abigail Doyle, CHS varsity soccer player said. “She’s always been on top of [school] during high school season.”

Kvistad enjoyed representing CHS and looks forward to playing for St. Olaf, a division three school in Rice County, MN. Kvistad is looking forward to the community St. Olaf has. 

“From my teammates to my coaches and even the professors, everyone I have spoken to cares about you individually,” Kvistad said.

Kvistad has also made a definite impact on the CHS girls varsity soccer team. “Savannah will definitely be missed next year,” Doyle said. “She’s been by my side since I first came in as a freshman.”

“Savannah is such a great sport,” Keri Tomasetti, CHS girls varsity soccer coach said. “We definitely could count on her to bring everything she had to practice and games.

“She even spent some time with our middle school soccer program, helping our younger players improve in the game,” Tomasetti added.

Kvistad believes in giving back to the community that has helped her build the skills she has used to get where she is now. She hopes to continue this at St. Olaf. 

“She has worked so hard for this and deserves it, I will miss her a lot next year,” Doyle said.

“I’m very excited to represent St. Olaf. I love being a part of something bigger than myself,” Kvistad said. “I can’t wait to develop as a player and a person at St. Olaf.”