CHS Girls Varsity Soccer Head into the Postseason as the League Champions

Camas vs. Skyview Varsity Girls Soccer game

The Camas High School (CHS) Girls Varsity Soccer team is the GSHL 4A league champion. Their current record is 10-3-4, and their conference record is 4-1-1. As the team prepares for districts and the state playoffs, they continue to work on their game and hope to see a deep state run this season. 

“Our team just really connects well on and off the field,” sophomore Paige Curl said, “I think we have a good chance at making it far in state.”

“We started a little shaky losing to Jesuit and Eastlake, but we started connecting as a team, and it has shown with our recent stats,” junior Claire Borrevik said.

Although the season started rough, with a 0-5 loss to Jesuit High School, the team bounced back and has not let any team score more than two goals against them. This has helped the team climb to 5th place in the MaxPreps rankings. 

Varsity Girls Soccer lineup

“Our team chemistry has been very good this year, which has helped our performance. We are all super good friends on and off the field. It has definitely made a difference,” Borrevik said.

Many of the players on the CHS Girls Varsity Soccer team were very proud of how good their team chemistry has been. It has been one of their biggest strengths so far this season. This has given them an edge over other teams and helped them tear through opponents. 

“The chemistry this season has been great. I think we have something that a lot of teams don’t have,” junior Abigail Doyle said, “The whole team gets along well, and I think being able to have that bond on and off the field has contributed to how we play as a team.”

Last year, the team had a few central players who graduated. This raised the question of whether or not the team would be able to compete with a younger roster. The team has broken expectations and is performing great so far. 

Varsity Soccer fans cheer on the girls

“Although we lost a lot of key seniors last year, we still have many returning players. Those that we have added have been a great addition to the team! They fit right into the preexisting team chemistry and have added so much talent,” senior Emme Nieto said.

As the season concludes, the team will have to face off against the best teams in the state to have a chance at the title of state champion. This would be the fourth state championship for the CHS Girls Soccer program. 

“I am very confident that we are going to continue in this positive direction and you can expect many great things to come postseason!” Nieto said.