Camas Baseball Makes a Push to State

Photo Courtesy CHS Yearbook

Austin Fewel, Staff Writer

The Camas High School (CHS) baseball team is confident in their ability to make a deep-state run. They are currently undefeated in league and have a 12-3 record. They believe in their ability to get first in league and think that they have a good chance of winning state as they are currently ranked 9th in Washington state. 

“We’ve been doing good. Aside from a few tough losses, we’ve been playing well and have a record of 12-3 as of right now,” said senior Aaron Sung. 

The team is happy with their 12-3 record. Although they have faced a few very good teams and lost, they have been playing very well.

Photo Courtesy CHS Yearbook

“We just have to stay more consistent offensively. If we can produce runs early and often to support our pitchers, I think we can definitely make a run for state,” said Sung. 

One of the biggest strengths of the CHS baseball team is their pitchers. Sung states that if they can start scoring runs more consistently, then they will be a strong contender for the state championship. They have been playing very well in the past few weeks and are currently on a six-game winning streak. 

“We definitely have what it takes to repeat as league champs. Our pitching has been elite all season, and we have the capability to put teams away early by scoring runs. The teams in our league are always tough but we’re very confident in our ability as a team,” said Sung. 

Last week the team started playing league games. They have won all five of their league games so far. 

They are confident that they can win league this year, and they hope to do it with an undefeated league record. If they win this year, they will have won two years in a row.

Photo Courtesy CHS Yearbook

“I think we have a great shot at winning the league this season, our team looks really good so far,” said sophomore Cai Davis.

This year the CHS baseball team went to Frezno to play in a tournament. Although they had a few losses, they played well overall. These games helped to prepare the team for the rest of their season and for state. 

“The Fresno trip was good. Was a great experience for all of us. [We] played some really competitive teams. A good way to prepare us for league and state. Staying in hotels and team dinners were awesome too,” said Sung.