Where Are They Now? Camas Basketball Stars

Image Courtesy: Clark County Talk

Joshua Dabasinskas, Staff Writer

Image Courtesy: Hudl

Carson Frawley 22’

Carson Frawley, a name known by most at Camas High School (CHS), as he was in the graduating class of 2022. Frawleys dominance is shown all throughout the Papermakers record book, holding 9 individual records and leading the papermakers to a 20-4 record his senior year.  

Points scored in a game (44), field goals made in a game (18), 3-point field goals made in a game (10), field goals made in a season (208), 2 point field goals made in a season (151), 3-point field goals made in a season (57), 2-point field goal percentage in a season (66.5%),  effective-field goal percentage in a season (63.0%).

Frawley had many options after high school to continue his athletic career but decided to take his talents to Chaminade University of Honolulu. The Silverswords are hoping to be top competitors in the Pacific West Conference this coming season. 

Image Courtesy: Hudl

Stephen Behil 22’

Stephen Behil is one of the best shooters in Papermaker history. In Behil’s senior year, the Papermakers saw the most dominant offensive performance in Camas history with Behil helping lead the charge. Behil is third all-time for Camas in 3-point field goals made in a season (54). 

College for Behil wasn’t always an option, but as he grew nearly six inches prior to his Junior year, colleges started to take an interest in his talents. Behil proved his senior year that he well deserves to play at the collegiate level and was given a handful of options following high school.

Behil decided to stay in Washington for college and now attends Whitworth University at the Division III level. 

Jacob Gray 21’

Jacob Gray’s high school career was hindered by the COVID-19 pandemic, but that didn’t stop Gray from continuing to play. Gray’s senior season was cut short to a 15 game season and only allowed playing other teams in the Greater Saint Helens League. Following high school, Gray decided to attend Seattle Pacific University (SPU). Although Gray was not offered a roster spot his freshman year, he continued to play basketball with hopes to play at the collegiate level. 

Going into his sophomore year, Gray earned himself a walk-on spot at SPU at the Division II level and looks to continue to prove himself at the next level. 

Image Courtesy: Hudl

Tre Carlisle 18’

Tre Carlisle played alongside many other Camas stars during his four years at CHS. This did not stop him from standing out on the basketball court. Carlisle’s four years of success at CHS allowed him to play at Chemekata Community College in Salem, OR. Unfortunately for Carlisle those years at Chemeketa were during the COVID-19 pandemic. Although Carlisle faced many challenges throughout the Pandemic, he started in all 29 games his sophomore year averaging 9.3 points and 4.0 rebounds at Chemeketa. 

Carlisle’s hard work at Chemeketa gave him the opportunity to play at Southern Oregon University at the NAIA level where he continues to play to this day.  

Image Courtesy: Hudl

Trevor Jasinsky 15’

Trevor Jasinsky is one of Camas High School’s most dominant bigs in history. Jasinsky is on the leaderboard for almost all rebounding records for the Papermakers and saw much team success. Although Jasinsky saw much success in high school, his career did not stop there. After playing at the division II level for Western Washington University for four years he was offered many opportunities to play professionally. 

Jasinsky most recently played for B.A. Limburg in the Netherlands and has been bouncing around to different professional organizations over the past few years. Jasinsky is the only CHS player in recent years to play professional basketball.