Activities All Around Camas

Madison Palek and Addison Wunderli

Camas is a small town and it is no fun to be bored. Even with Camas being so small, the community makes sure to put on fun events for the town. So, here are some Camas High Schooler go to’s and favorite memories of camas. 

Photo Courtesy Vlad Shchenyatskiy

Depending on the time of year, there are different activities for each season. There are pumpkin patches in the fall, beaches in the summer, flower festivals in the spring, and ice skating in the winter. Camas also offers past times regardless of the season. CHS students recommend walking around Downtown Camas, thrifting, eating food, and taking walks around Lacamas Lake. 

CHS Junior, Angela Parker said,  “There are some great places to thrift in downtown Camas and a lot of the clothes are very cheap.”

Some CHS students lean towards doing more of the simple things in their town.

Sophomore, Hannah Kim said, “something I like to do is hang out with friends, go to Walmart, and eat snacks.”

Freshman, Abigail Wunderli finds it fun to do things that were out of the ordinary. She likes to read by Lacamas Lake and watch the sunset. 

Living in Camas can lead to unexpected memories. Freshman Rennie Talarico-Junlian said.

Sometimes it is hard to spend money when finding something to do. There are plenty of activities that involve not spending any hard-earned money, but can still be memorable and fun. There is cliff jumping in the potholes around Camas lakes, kayaking, paddle boarding, and hiking. These outdoor adventures are great to do during the day and do not cost a dime.  

Where 1st avenue and Dallas Street intersect, there is an outlet mall. Downtown Camas also offers a plethora of fine dining experiences for any foodies looking for how to fill up evenings in Camas. 

Sophomore, Lila, says that one of her favorite restaurants in camas is Don Pedros, a Mexican restaurant. She says it is good food for a good price and “the tacos are amazing!”

Ice cream with friends is available at Dairy Queen, a sit-down burger is offered at Top Burger, an on-the-go smoothie can be found at Squeeze and Grind, and a full dining experience can be found in the realms of Smitty’s Restaurant. 

Camas is full of exciting things to do, whether it is an outdoor activity or staying indoors. Camas is an interesting town and can be a nice place to have fun.