Getting to know Mr. Loop

Courtesy of Camas High School.

Mr. Loop is an 11th and 12th-grade teacher at Camas High school. He creates a great environment for his students to learn and feel comfortable. With being a teacher Mr. Loop is also a coach for the Camas High football team in the fall. Mr. Loop has answered a few questions to help us all get to know him better.

Q: What is your favorite part about teaching at Camas?

A: “Probably just being around kids; it helps keep me young, keeps me happy, and keeps me entertained”

Image result for we love teachers

Q: How long have you been teaching at Camas?

A: “I have been here for 25 years”

Q: Was Camas the first place you got a job being a teacher at?

A: “Yes, I started out teaching 8th grade, then moved up to high school with 9th grade, and then started teaching 10th and 11th grade, and for the last fifteen years 11th and 12th grade.”

Q: Have you always taught English?

A: “I started teaching all different things at the middle school level, and when I got to high school, I taught an elective called sports literature and then English.”

Q: What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

A: “Well, I have an eleven-year-old son, so I love being there for him at sports practices, and I love to Golf.”

Q: What is your favorite football team and why?

A: “The Oakland Raiders, and that is because I bought a poster that is in my classroom right now when I was 7 and I have just stuck with it ever since.”

Q: Have you ever been to a game?

A:  “I have not been to a game in Oakland, but I have seen them play in Seattle, and I saw Bo Jackson play which was pretty cool.”

Q: Where are you from?

A: I am from Camas; I got my two years from Clark and then went to Western Washington University.”

Q: What is your favorite season and why?

A:  “It would definitely have to be summer, just because of having no work and just enjoying the time off.”

Q:  How did you and Mr. Kankelberg meet?

A: “Me and him met in some classes in college and we both ended up having family here, and then the two of us both got jobs teaching here at Camas.”